Welcome to the Dolphins class page!
Mrs Joel and I hope that you all had a well rested Christmas break.
This term we are exploring the period of British history from the 'Stone Age to Iron Age'. In this topic, we will be discovering how people lived, what Britain looked like and how things have changed since that time. This will be kick-started with our wonderful Stone Age to Iron Age day, at the beginning of term.
We will also be incorporating this learning alongside our English lessons to write a time-travelling story and in Maths, we are currently applying our times table knowledge and developing our knowledge of multiplication and division methods within fluency and reasoning style questions.
Just a reminder about swimming starting Wednesday 16th January. Could you please ensure that your child brings the following items every Wednesday: - towel, swimming costume/trunks, hat clearly named.
PE days: Wednesday and Thursday. Please ensure your children have the correct equipment ready for these days.
Swimming: Every Wednesday (this term)
Spellings and times tables: Friday
Home Learning: Due in on Mondays
Please make sure your child's reading book and record is in school every day and you have read with your child and signed the book, at least three times a week.
This year, your children need to practise their 3, 4 and 8 times tables.
Documents found below:
- Class allergy list
- Stone Age to Iron Age information grid
- Spring 1 Spelling list
- Spring 1 Home learning grid
- 15 minute maths (completed in class - you can use to go over the questions with your children at home)
- Year 3 Reading list
- VIPERS resource to support comprehension when reading
- First 100 high frequency words
- Next 200 high frequency words
- Common exception words Y3/4
- Parents' information evening PowerPoint
- Healthy eating Christmas project
- Healthy eating Christmas template
Thank you for your continued support!
Miss Etheridge & Mrs Joel