Welcome back Dormice!
I hope you all had a relaxing half-term week and are rested and ready to learn! This half-term our topic is: The Queen. We will be researching the Royal Family, their homes, family tree and understanding more about Queen Elizabeth II’s life and role. Our writing will have lots of variation, with fictional stories such as The Queens Knickers and George and the Dragon informing news reports, shape knowledge helping us to write poetry, and our research helping us to produce factual writing about The Queen. In Maths, our focus will move to fractions, whilst still continuing to count and share in groups to help our times tables and division skills respectively. In RE we will answer questions such as: ‘How should the church celebrate Easter?’.
On this page you will find:
- The home learning grid for Spring 2 half-term
- New spellings ready for the first week
- Topic grid for ‘The Queen’
- PE days – Tuesday and Friday. Please make sure your child’s PE kit is in school on a Monday morning. Kits will come home on Friday.
- Home Folders – Will go home and need to come back into school every day.
- Home Learning to be in by Tuesday each week. Home learning activities will be part of the home learning pack or will be sent home on a Friday.
- Spelling books should come into school ready for Friday spelling tests.
- Allergy information for Dormice class
Dormice Class Teacher