Welcome back, Dormice!
I hope you all had a fantastic break and are ready to learn! This half-term our topic is Animal Kingdom. We will be comparing geographical similarities and differences between the UK and Mexico and developing our skills by using maps and an Atlas. We will also develop our scientific skills as we identify and classify animals. In ICT, we will be learning to programme alongside researching our topic. Our Art projects will focus on the work of artists such as Henri Rousseau and Andy Goldsworthy, who took inspiration from landscapes and nature. In English, we will be creating Kennnings in Poetry and building on our persuasive writing skills as we encourage people to save a wonderful mammal! In Maths, our focus will be on measure, such as Mass, Capacity and Temperature alongside Position and Direction. In RE we will explore the question: ‘How should you spend the weekend?’ as we investigate Shabbat.
On this page you will find:
- The home learning grid for Summer 1 half-term
- New spellings ready for week commencing 10th June
- Topic grid for ‘Animal Kingdom’
- PE days – Tuesday and Friday. Please make sure your child’s PE kit is in school on a Monday morning. Kits will come home on Friday.
- Home Folders – Will go home and need to come back into school every day.
- Home Learning to be in by Tuesday each week. Home learning activities will be part of the home learning pack or will be sent home on a Friday.
- Spelling books should come into school ready for Friday spelling tests.
- Allergy information for Dormice class
Dormice Class Teacher