02.10.2018 KS1 Parents Maths Evening
Please find below the information and resources from our Maths Evening.
Welcome back, Dormice!
I hope you have enjoyed your half-term break and are relaxed, refreshed and ready to learn! Our half-term topic is: The Snowman. During our topic, we will delve into the world of inferential, illustrative fiction alongside poetry and instruction writing. There will also be plenty of opportunity to extend our literacy learning within non-fiction texts and writing. In Science, we will continue to build upon our materials learning from Autumn 1, as well as completing our history journey on houses through the times following our fantastic trip to Chiltern Open Air Museum. In Maths, we will of course continue to focus on place value as well as addition, subtraction and introducing multiplication. Our first week back is Take One Picture Week, where we will be looking at the illustrations of E. H. Shepard in A. A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh stories. All of this fabulous learning will lead us up to the end of the Autumn term and our Nativity production!
On this page you will find:
- The home learning grid for Autumn half-term
- New spellings
- Topic grid for ‘The Snowman'
- PE days – Tuesday and Friday. Please make sure your child’s PE kit is in school on a Monday morning. Kits will come home on Friday.
- Home Folders – Will go home and need to come back into school every day.
- Home Learning to be in by Tuesday each week. Home learning activities will be part of the home learning pack or will be sent home on a Friday.
- Spelling books should come into school ready for Friday spelling tests.
- Allergy information for Dormice class
Dormice Class Teacher