Hello and welcome to our class page!
On this page you will find:
- The home learning grid for summer term 1
- Spelling lists
- Useful links
- PE days – Monday and Thursday. Please make sure your child’s PE kit is in school on a Monday morning. Kits will come home on Friday. As weather can be somewhat unpredictable, we suggest your child has both trousers and shorts available.
- Home Learning to be in by Friday each week. Home learning activities will be part of the home learning pack or will be sent home on a Friday.
- Spelling books should come into school ready for Friday spelling tests.
Helpful information for Parents:
We have made available all of the information we disseminated during the Y5&6 Curriculum Information Evening. However, there are a few extra resources we feel could be useful to help you explain concepts to your children.
One is www.theschoolrun.com which explains the majority of what is taught in KS1 & KS2. It usually has written and visual examples to help clarify the explanations.
The second is a Youtube Channel run by Mr Thorne - https://bit.ly/2FzGIzB. Most of his videos are aimed at EYFS/KS1 but if you go to playlists you can find 'Mr Thorne Does Grammar' which has concepts we teach in KS2.
Further information on 'useful links':
We subscribe to Sumdog and Prodigy which require a login which your children have been given in school. These websites are a great way to boost your children's maths skills and have are designed to target their specific areas of weakness. Prodigy analyses how your children are doing and sets questions accordingly.
There are some links for websites below which have many quick games split into the different areas of maths, e.g. sequencing and ordering.
Spelling games include the links: Spelling Central and Spelling Frame.
- Spelling Central allows your children to input their spelling list (which can be found on this webpage) and play a variety of games with them.
- Spelling Frame uses vocabulary from the Y5 & 6 spelling list. In addition to the usual games which they can practise their spellings on, this website also allows the children to hear the words being spoken.
The links 'Spelling & Grammar Games', 'Comma Practise' and 'Adjectives Practise' are for your children to practise a range of grammar. 'Spelling and Grammar Games' is a link to the TopMarks website which has a wide range of games - they don't just have to use the games the link takes them to.
Year Six Class Teacher