Summer 1 2019
Welcome back, Raccoons!
We hope you all had an amazing Easter break and are rested and ready to learn for the Summer! This half-term our topic is Toys. We will be researching toys throughout history and exploring the changes that have occurred over time. In ICT, we will be coding and making our own computer games. Our project will be to design and produce our own construction toy to play with and help story-tell. We will be using the story of Kipper's Toy Box to write our own toy themed stories. In Maths, our focus will be on learning about multiplication and division and revising our problem solving skills. In RE we will explore the question: ‘What do stories teach us?’.
On this page you will find:
- This half term Year 1 will be focusing on phonics each week in the lead up to our Phonics Screening check after the May half term holiday. Each week we will send a phonic activity to complete at home. These activities will help to revise and consolidate all of the phonemes (sounds) we have learnt so far. You will find lots of helpful links below to support phonics learning at home.
- The home learning grid for Summer 1 half-term
- Topic grid for ‘Toys’
- PE days – Tuesday and Wednesday. Please make sure your child’s PE kit is in school on a Monday morning. Kits will come home on Friday.
- Home Folders – Will go home and need to come back into school every day.
- Home Learning to be in by Tuesday each week. Home learning activities will be part of the home learning pack or will be sent home on a Friday.
- Teddy words should come into school everyday.
- Allergy information for Raccoons class can be found below.
Miss Bennett and Miss Harris.