Summer 2 2019
Welcome back, Raccoons!
We hope you all had a fantastic break and are ready to learn! This half-term our topic is Animal Kingdom. We will be comparing geographical similarities and differences between the UK and Mexico and developing our skills by using maps and an Atlas. We will also develop our scientific skills as we identify and classify animals. Our Art projects will focus on the work of artists such as Henri Rousseau and Andy Goldsworthy, who took inspiration from landscapes and nature. In English, we will writing non-chronological reports about the Mexican animals we come across and will be creating Kennnings in Poetry. We will be working on an advert to help save endangered mammals too! In Maths, our focus will be on fractions and sharing, addition and subtraction, telling the time and some learning on position and direction. In RE we will explore 'Special Places'.
On this page you will find:
- The home learning grid for Summer 2 half-term
- Topic grid for ‘Animal Kingdom’
- PE days – Tuesday and Wednesday. Please make sure your child’s PE kit is in school on a Monday morning. Kits will come home on Friday.
- Home Folders – Will go home and need to come back into school every day.
- Home Learning to be in by Tuesday each week. Home learning activities will be part of the home learning pack or will be sent home on a Friday.
- Teddy words should come into school everyday.
- Allergy information for Raccoons class can be found below.
Miss Bennett and Miss Harris.