Welcome back Raccoons!
We hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas break and are rested, eager and ready to learn in 2019! This half-term our topic is: The Snail. Matisse’s work will inspire our learning over the next 6 weeks, where we will spend time investigating minibeasts, their habitats and lifecycles alongside identifying and classifying groups in the wider animal kingdom. We will produce non-fiction information texts to demonstrate our learning and will all become news reporters, learning and discussing the features of newspapers before writing our own articles! In Maths, our focus will be on addition and subtraction, after investigating 2D and 3D shapes!
On this page you will find:
- The home learning grid for Spring 1 half-term
- New phonics information
- Topic grid for ‘The Snail'
- PE days – Tuesday and Wednesday. Please make sure your child’s PE kit is in school on a Monday morning. Kits will come home on Friday.
- Home Folders – Will go home and need to come back into school every day.
- Home Learning to be in by Tuesday each week. Home learning activities will be part of the home learning pack or will be sent home on a Friday.
- Teddy words should come into school everyday.
- Allergy information for Raccoons class can be found below.
Miss Bennett and Miss Harris.