Welcome to Dormice Class!
I hope you all had a fantastic summer holiday and are ready to learn in our exciting first term together in Year 2! This half-term our topic is 'Once upon a time...' We will be looking at lots of our favourite traditional tales, including writing our own version of Little Red Riding Hood. In Maths, we will be consolidating and furthering our place value knowledge alongside addition. Our topic will allow us to take a woodland walk as we begin to look at mapping skills and deepen our scientific understanding of living things and their habitats. In ICT, we will be learning to touch type as we publish our stories. Our Art and D&T projects will focus on making, including lunch boxes for Little Red Riding Hood and medicine bottles and potions to help make Grandma better! In RE we will explore the creation story.
On this page you will find:
- The home learning grid for Autumn 1 half-term
- Spellings list
- Topic grid for ‘Once upon a time...’
- PE days – Monday and Thursday. Please make sure your child’s PE kit is in school on a Monday morning. Kits will come home on Friday.
- Home Folders – Will go home and need to come back into school every day.
- Home Learning to be in by Tuesday each week. Home learning activities will be part of the home learning pack or will be sent home on a Friday. Please see the grid for changes for this half-term.
- Spelling books should come into school ready for Friday spelling tests.
- Allergy information for Dormice class can be found below.
Thank you for your continued support.
Miss Etheridge, Mrs Allsop and Mrs McDonald
Dormice Class Teachers
IMPORTANT ALLERGY INFORMATION
In order to safeguard all of our children, please take a moment to review the poster at the bottom of this page, which contains all of the current allergens in Dormice class. Please take these allergies into consideration when sending your children in with lunches, snacks or treats. Nuts are prohibited across the whole school.
This poster is also displayed on the classroom door.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation.