Welcome back, Dormice!
Welcome back, Dormice! I hope you and all of your families have had a restful Easter break and are ready to get back learning!
Our Summer 1 topic is 'Historic Heroes'. We will be reading Traction Man by Mini Grey and our writing our own action and adventure stories. In Maths, we will focus on the topics: Measurement (Length and Height) and Geometry (Position and Direction) as well as continuing to practice and embed number fluency in our number bonds and times tables. Topic this half-term will include opportunities in Science to learn about various materials to help with the construction of our own bridge in D&T based on the learning of Isambard Brunel in History. In RE, we will explore the question: 'Can stories change people?' based on the Jewish faith.
On this page you will find:
- Topic grid for ‘Historic Heroes' Summer 1
- The home-learning grid for Summer 1
- Spellings list for Summer 1
- Maths Resources and Reading Lists to support learning at home.
- PE days – Tuesday and Friday. Please make sure your child comes into school wearing their PE kit on these days.
- Home Folders – Will go home and need to come back into school every day.
- Home Learning should be uploaded to Seesaw if you wish to share it with your teacher and class. Please try to avoid bringing any items in from home other than those listed.
- Spelling books should come into school ready for Friday spelling tests.
- Allergy information for Foxes class can be found below.
Miss Etheridge, Mrs Allsop, Mrs Adams and Mrs Dove
Dear Parents/ Carers,
We know it can be tricky sometimes to know how best to support your child at home without a clear understanding of what is taught in school and how. To help, we have created some subject videos across the core subjects of reading, phonics and maths which will highlight what we teaching in Year 2, some methods of how we teach it, plus some top tips and hints from both of us. This should help bridge the link between home and school for all of our Foxes and Dormice children.
Reading & Phonics - https://www.loom.com/share/55ddf42a137247fabaf5798e98815802
Please have a watch and if you have any questions following the videos please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mr Riordan and Miss Etheridge
Year 2 Class Teachers