Welcome back, Dormice!
Welcome back, Dormice! It has been so lovely to see you all back in school healthy, happy and smiling after a very challenging few months. I hope you and all of your families have had a wonderful summer break and are ready to get back learning once more!
Our first Autumn term topic is ‘Once upon a time…'. We will be reading lots of different Traditional Tales and writing our own version of Little Red Riding Hood, based on the book by Lucy Rowland. In Maths, we will be revisiting Place Value and Addition. Our topic this half-term will include opportunities in Science to investigate habitats and things that are living and non-living, as well as mapping local areas in Geography and identifying Human and Physical features. In RE we will explore the question: What do Christians believe God is like?
Whilst this all sounds very exciting, we want to reassure you all that this half-term is very much about settling back into school life and learning. We will revisit many areas of the Year 1 and 2 curriculums as part of our Phoenix curriculum to make sure we have all returned Stronger, Smarter and More Powerful J
On this page you will find:
- The home learning grid for Autumn 1 half-term
- Spellings list
- Topic grid for ‘Once upon a time…'
- Maths Resources and Reading Lists to support learning at home.
- PE days – Thursday and Friday. Please make sure your child comes into school wearing their PE kit on these days
- Home Folders – Will go home and need to come back into school every day
- Home Learning can be uploaded to Seesaw if you wish to share it with your teacher and class
- Spelling books should come into school ready for Friday spelling tests
- Allergy information for Foxes class can be found below.
Miss Etheridge and Mrs Allsop