Our new topic is called ‘Get Your Greek On!’ and will be centred around our learning on all things Ancient Greece. This topic will build on the children's prior knowledge in terms of growing and changing empires, mythology and becoming familiar with historical sources.
Our English lessons will also be focused around this topic, as we will be delving into reading myths such as ‘Theseus and the Minotaur’, ‘King Midas’ and ‘Pandora’s Box’ and re-writing classic tales. Our History learning will also allow us to debate about key political moments for the Ancient Greeks.
In Maths we will learn about fractions and decimals, then we will progress onto studying money and time later in the term. The children will be having a multiplication check this term so we will be practicing these in school frequently and engaging with our online learning platforms. https://www.purplemash.com/#app/games/timestables_assessment
This term we will learning all about digestion and teeth in Science. We will be thinking about how our bodies are composed to digest food and the different types of teeth we have.
There will also be learning about prayers and miracles in RE as well as game creation and production in Computing. It promises to be a really fun and exciting term.
Mr Groves and Mrs Andrews
On this page you will find the:
- Home learning grid for Summer 2
- Spelling Word Lists for this half term
- Statutory spellings for Year 3 and Year 4
- Class allergy poster
- Curriculum Presentation Video: https://www.loom.com/share/c2a...
- PE days - Monday and Thursday.
- Spellings: Children to be tested on a random selection of spellings from the Word List each Friday. Please practise all the spellings in readiness for this.
- Reading folders will be given out containing Reading Records. Please ensure these are updated and brought to school daily. We will send out important information in folders, as well as spellings, home learning grids and logins for interactive websites (Spelling Shed, Doodle Maths, TT rockstars, Purple Mash).
- Spellings and multiplication quizzes will take place on Friday. Please ensure these are practised regularly.