Our new topic is called "Raiders of the North" and will be centred around our learning on the Anglo-Saxons and Vikings. This topic will build on the children's prior knowledge in terms of the changing face of Britain from the Stone Age through to Roman rule. It promises to be a very informative and exciting term!
Our English lessons will also be focused around this topic, and we will be delving into reading legendary tales such as 'Beowulf' and then writing our versions of these "defeating the monster" stories. In Maths we will learn about Multiplication and Division and then progress onto studying fractions and decimals later in the term.
There will also be learning about Holy Journeys in RE as well as coding in Computing. We will also have guitar lessons from a music teacher (Dan the Guitar Man) on Wednesday mornings!
It promises to be a really fun and exciting term and we cannot wait for our Viking-themed educational trip to Ufton Court in March!
Mr Groves and Mrs Andrews
On this page you will find the:
- Home learning grid for Spring 1
- Spelling Word Lists for this half term
- Statutory spellings for Year 3 and Year 4
- Class allergy poster
- Curriculum Presentation Video: https://www.loom.com/share/c2a...
- PE days - Monday and Thursday.
- Guitar lessons on Wednesday mornings
- Spellings: Children to be tested on a random selection of spellings from the Word List each Friday. Please practise all the spellings in readiness for this.
- Reading folders will be given out containing Reading Records. Please ensure these are updated and brought to school daily. We will send out important information in folders, as well as spellings, home learning grids and logins for interactive websites (Spelling Shed, Doodle Maths, TT rockstars).
- Spellings and multiplication quizzes will take place on Friday. Please ensure these are practised regularly.