Happy Autumn Term
Welcome back, Seahorses! We are so pleased to have you all back in school happy and healthy, eager for an exciting term. We hope you had a wonderful, restful summer.
Our first Autumn term topic is ‘Meet the Flintstones’ – an exciting historical delve into pre-history. We will be reading lots of fantastic texts relating to this topic and using these to help us write adventure stories and instruction texts. In Maths, we will be revisiting Place Value and the four operation (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division). Our topic this term in Science will allow us to investigate rocks and their properties, including some fun experiments. In RE, we will explore the questions ‘How might beliefs and community shape a person’s identity?’ and
‘Is light a good symbol for celebration?’ Our PSHCE topics will include taking a look at our health and well-being and what citizenship means.
Over the next few weeks, we will upload on this page:
- The home learning grid for Autumn 1 half-term
- Spellings list
- Topic grid for ‘Meet the Flintstones’
- Maths Resources and Reading Lists to support learning at home.
- PE days – Monday and Thursday. Please make sure your child arrives into school already dressed wearing their Warfield PE kit on these days
- Home Folders – these will go home and need to come back into school every day, including their Reading Record
- Home Learning should be uploaded to Seesaw if you wish to share it with your teacher and class
- Spelling books should come into school ready for Friday spelling tests
- Allergy information for Seahorses class will be displayed below shortly though please remember we are a nut-free school
- Log in information will be available, stuck in your child’s Reading Record, soon