Welcome back Turtles!
We are so pleased to see you all back in school and ready for an exciting year of learning, fun and friendship. This half-term our topic is Secrets of the Samba. Using the texts: The Great Kapok Tree and Journey to the River Sea, we will be exploring the dramatic landscape of the Amazon rainforest, creating setting descriptions and stories with a dilemma. We will be using our knowledge of plants and animals to classify woodland creatures and animals from the rainforest. Also in Science we will be investigating the water cycle. In Maths, our focus will be on place value, addition and subtraction.
On this page you will find the:
- Home learning grid for Autumn
- Topic grid for ‘Secrets of the Samba’
- Spelling Word List for this half term
- Statutory spellings for Year 3 and Year 4
- PE days – Monday and Tuesday. Please ensure children who wear earrings remove them in the morning before the come to school.
- Spellings and multiplication quizzes will take place on Friday.
Mr Dibley, Mrs Bennett and Mrs Gostello