Welcome to Year 4 and Turtles class! We are so excited for your return to school this term and can’t wait to get started. We have an action-packed half-term to begin with, all centred around our “Secrets of the Samba” topic in which we will learn about Samba music and dance, as well as the geography of South America.
Our English lessons will also be focused around this topic, and we will be delving into interesting and thought-provoking texts like ‘The Great Kapok Tree’ whilst writing both creatively and persuasively about the Rainforest. In Maths we will revisit Place Value, while strengthening our understanding of the four operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
Our topic this term will allow us to learn about the plants and animals of the Rainforest in our Science lessons, in addition to the water cycle. In RE we will be thinking about the Creation Story and the Ten Commandments.
It promises to be a really fun and exciting half-term and we are so happy to be sharing it with all of you!
On this page you will find the:
- Home Learning Grid for Autumn term
- Spelling Word List for this half term
- Autumn 1 Topic Map
- Statutory spellings for Year 3 and Year 4
- Class allergy poster
- Swimming – Monday morning. Please ensure children wear their school uniform, remove their earrings, bring a swimming costume, towel, a named swimming hat and a waterproof bag to keep all these items in.
- PE days - Thursday morning/afternoon. Please ensure children come to school in their PE kits and appropriate footwear.
- Reading folders will be given out containing Reading Records. Please ensure these are updated and brought to school daily. We will send out important information in folders, as well as spellings, home learning grids and logins for interactive websites (Spelling Shed, Doodle Maths, TT rockstars).
- Spellings and multiplication quizzes will take place on Friday. Please ensure these are practised regularly.
Miss Quinn, Mrs Joel and Mrs Monks