We are all looking forward to welcoming your children to the Woodhurst Site this morning. We all had a lovely time together yesterday and with the sun shining we are looking forward to another day sharing and caring.
As you are no doubt aware the government have published ‘The List’ of key workers. The list is more extensive and vague than I think anyone was expecting so it is still going to take a little time to refine the information and receive a coordinated response from the local authority about how we are going to deliver the provision in a fair and equitable way.
The guidance does however say this:
1. If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
2. If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then educational provision will be available for them.
3. Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
4. Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
5. Residential special schools, boarding schools and special settings continue to care for children wherever possible.
If your work is critical to the COVID-19 response, or you work in one of the critical sectors listed below, and you cannot keep your child safe at home then your children will be prioritised for education provision:
Please could all parents, even those that are currently self-isolating consider whether they fall into any of the identified categories (as your child/children may be eligible for the priority provision after your isolation ends).
Please could you complete the google form that was sent yesterday evening as early as possible today so we can begin to process our potential registers and match that to current staffing levels and possible provision models.
Please could you approach your employer to confirm your status as a key worker and gain some written evidence regarding this.
This information has come extremely late and goes beyond anything that we could pre-plan for yesterday. This may mean that we can’t provide a safe and structured provision for prioritised children from Monday morning. We may need a few more days to organise this provision efficiently and effectively. With this in mind it is important to remind you that:
the school will be closed from 3.20pm today (20.3.20) unless your child is booked onto WASPS After School Club.
Please could all families consider their childcare arrangements from Monday 23rd March in case we are unable to re-open for prioritised education provision.
We will continue to send you communications throughout the day. I urge to read them all carefully as they will all contain key information regarding ongoing arrangements for you and your family.
Thank you for your continued patience.